Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's Too Darn Hot

It's like the heart of the sun up here... more specifically, up in my room... but not in the way that would be a good way.  I'm srs, it's high time I e-mailed my landlord (equivalent) and asked to get this A/C remote fixed, whew.  Same ol same ol today with English teaching training.  I'm pretty tired by the end of the day, but when I think of all of the Japanese people working so much harder than me, it doesn't help me feel any more relaxed.  Even so, it DOES manage to quell some of my (secret) complaining, which is pretty hard to do.  Basically, people here are hardcore.  I'm just rated PG-13.

I forgot to ask about getting interwebs at home today, whoops... so instead, I'm back at the internet cafe.  Still unable to upload photos, but soon.... soon.  I'm trying to keep up with singing by going to karaoke pretty regularly, and found they had even more songs than I originally knew of.... but some of the arrangements might be a little different than I expected?  Well, I don't know, I guess I'll have to try them again.

I'm getting fat.  I really am.  Everything here has rice and sugar in it... even the air.  You know how air in the US is like 70% nitrogen?  Yeah, no, it's rice over here.  I've gotta work out or something!  ...sometime.  Soon.  I can't trick myself into thinking that all of this walking to and from the train station offsets the pilates ball-size amounts of rice I eat on a daily basis.  OH, and these people LOVE grapefruit... I don't know what it is.  Grapefruit is like 90% of all of the fruit at the supermarket... or at least, it's the most affordable fruit there.  I may have to start buying them... but they're just too healthy, argh.

1 comment:

  1. You can be like the anorexic models here in The States an get on a Grapefruit Diet. Which city are you staying in?

    ReplyDelete