Sunday, June 19, 2011

The case of the stolen sweets.





After sleeping for about 18 hours off and on, Pete and I finally managed to get out and not die of starvation.  That's a good thing, because dying sucks, and starving sucks even more.

Ramen.  They sell ramen here.



This is the miso ramen they serve here.

:o wat happen???
For a paltry 600 yen each, we got to eat until we were ALMOST full.  600 yen = $7.50, and seeing that we didn't have to tip, that's pretty pro.

We rode bikes around a bit, and eventually found this mall called... Viva Mall.  Cool place, but I didn't take any pictures mb mb (my bad, my bad).  They had a food court, where I bought a LOT of sweets from a bakery.  I only ate a little on the spot, and carried the rest with me.  More on this later...

The mall had bunch of stores (with like $100 graphic polo shirts whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat), and an arcade.  AWWWW YEAH.  The arcade had a crazy ass Gundam game where there were like 8-12 pods where one person could go in and play on a battlefield of a the other people playing in other pods... and those players would all be on either the red team or the blue team.  The pods closed and had crazy controls and screens... but out in the main area, you could watch a couple screens that showed a map of all of the action going on.  Of course, you could purchase a card to save your game data and stats, so that's how they get people to come back.

Related to the above paragraph, this is a zebra.  Anne would have been very happy to have been here.


We went to Toys R Us so Pete could buy the Uno game and use it for his classes.  Naturally, I saw a little girl with a funny Playboy t-shirt and asked her if I could take her picture.  I'm pretty sure I'm the least creepy guy in Japan right now.

Rode back and met up with Kiyotaka (I met him my first night here; he's a regular at the reggae-style bar Paraiso) to go to this AWESOME place called Sky Joker for lunch.

Leather seats and Leffe, Kiyotaka's favorite.

Free drinks, awwww yeah delicious apple juice.

Kanako (Kiyotaka's girlfriend) and Kiyotaka fighting with piece signs in a very ironic fashion.

u tryin to fight with sashins (pictures) dawg?  i'll show u secret american style

HILARIOUS bartender dude.  He'd pose for a photo...

And another photo....

And ANOTHER awesome photo.... until...

...you turn the camera away, then he acts super shy -- I tricked him this time.  :>

Engrish as always, but I love the idea and attitude of places like this.  Hot beer, lousy food... so wha?  fuggin love peace and smile mothasnucka
We then went to a CD/DVD shop, which was neat.  After returning to our bikes, I was shocked to find:

OH NO
You cannot tell what has happened here, so I will tell you instead.  All of the sweets I bought earlier today and left in the basket... GONE!  The thief made off with some of the most delicious delectables on this side of the Shire.  They took the sweets and left the bike... what a cruel world.  I can't eat a bike, it's too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment