Saturday, June 25, 2011

Half an hour to blog gogogogogo

Sooo check it.  Ironing sucks oh yeahhh

Our bank accounts won't be processed for like another week or so, so odds are, I won't have an internet connection at home for about that long.  What that means is I won't be able to post pics until all of that happens.  Maybe.  w/e w/e (whatever whatever)

Today I had my first day of Engrish teaching training, and the trainers were pretty pro.  They were making tons of jokes and performed the lessons while pole dancing.  Naw I lie, but I may have chosen to visit a strip club instead of going to training.

A couple days ago, I went to this place that was supposedly a 'pub.'  I had karaoke singing there so I assumed it was a karaoke place.  It was, and I was immediately greeted by some asian girl (she might have been Japanese) and seated.  They asked me some jank in Japanese but c'mon, that language is so archaic and outdated that only samurai use it.  Do I look like a samurai?  What, do I LOOK like I have a sense of honor?  Do I LOOK like someone who will commit suicide if I fail at my tasks?  She seemed to think so.  The old men in the joint didn't pay much attention to me, but I paid attention to them.  I was able to discern that they were old.  The women of the place were pretty young, and had flirtatious poses around the old men.  Yes, it turns out I went to one of THOSE places.  You know, the ones where you pay like $30 an hour to talk to girls.  It's not even like 1-900 numbers... you just talk, drink, karaoke, and leave.  Oh, and pay a load (a payload, if you will) of money.  No kiss-u, no bang-wa, no massage.  Just straight up TALKING.  Mannn at that rate, I don't know if there's anyone I'm willing to pay that much for just to TALK to.  Nikola Tesla?  ...naw dawg it's aight.  William Shakespeare?  Man, I'll just watch or read your plays nawm sayin.  Ellen Page?  ..........welllllllllllllllllll..........

So I left that place.

Anyway, the people I trained alongside of today were pretty cool.  4 American dudes and 1 Aussie gal.  Word.

I got a phone number today BAM!  First step to making tomodachi (friend)!  It's the dude who works at this internet cafe.  We spend a good amount of time trying to decipher what each other is saying, but it's fun... or should I say, tanoshii desu OH YEAHHH

Pete's coming over today ($100 train ticket YES I'm so happy to support the Japanese department of transportation), so maybe we'll go out tonight and die of being dumb like we did last time.  Too much tired, too much P-A-R-T.... WHY?  Because we GOTTA!  (that's from the movie The Mask, if for some reason you didn't have that movie on the forefront of your mind)

Aight gonna peace out now.  My head is wishy washy from the train ride back from TRAINing.  Maybe it was too many stops or something, but I'm motion sick now YESSS just loving life left and right!

No comments:

Post a Comment