Monday, October 3, 2011

I know I know

Check the price on this coffee.  It's hard to see, I know, but it's basically a fortune.  380 yen = nearly $5.  The coffee is just normal coffee.

Akamaru Modern at Ippudo ramen shop at Chiba station!  Where can you get this kind of ramen stateside, you ask?  NOWHERE!  Except in New York at the Ippudo restaurant over there.

Massen and I at Chiba station
So Massen was in Japan for a day on a layover or something for his flight back to the US, so we hung out.  There was this cool matsuri (festival) over at Chiba station, which we obviously did not take any pictures of.  What do you think we are, STUPID?  no u

anyway we got drunk and walked around and ate ramen and i got tired early so we slept in an internet cafe for wayyyy too long oops sorry massen

Teaching is still quite a blast.  I met a famous singer/songwriter who I had never heard of... and I had her sing for me during the 1 on 1 lesson.  It was her first lesson, and she was super nice.  I can't give you her name, cause that might compromise... something.  I haven't seen her since, but she's really busy with her career -- television, radio, CDs, etc.  I hope I see her soon :>

I bought clothes recently at Uniqlo -- think of it as being like Gap, except more Unique and more Clo.  Most male clothing stores in Japan only go up to Large sizes, but a Japanese Large just barely doesn't fit me (mostly the sleeves are too short)... so I can't get XL at most cool places.  Uniqlo, on the other hand, has XL... but it's too big!  For a 2000 yen XL shirt (nice shirt, too), it would cost me like 5300 yen to get it tailored at a tailoring place... so I have it sitting in a tub of hot water right now hoping it'll shrink.  btw 2000 yen = like $25 and 5300 = like a little more than $65.  Sigh.

BUT life is pretty good pretty good atm oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment